We are currently looking for writers with academic, professional or journalistic experience in B2B eCommerce.
This means you should have experience in the business of eCommerce, with an undestanding of e.g. ERPs, PIMs and VMSs and the challenges that B2B businesses face when creating, managing, and maximizing an online storefront for business clients.
Our ideal applicants have any one or more of the following:
- A relevant degree (e.g. commerce; supply chain management; MBA)
- 2+ years experience working in a relevant role (e.g. procurement)
- 2+ years writing about eCommerce solutions, such as ERPs, PIMs and VMSs
Our client is a large B2B eCommerce platform working with enterprise-level customers. The target audience is high-level decision makers, so the content must demonstrate knowledge, expertise, and sophistication in the domain.
*IMPORTANT!* This long-term collaboration will involve lots of experimentation with AI. We will work closely together to create articles with varying levels of AI involvement, from 100% human-generated content to AI content we'll bring to life with real-world examples, anecdotes, and all your topic expertise. Both we and our client recognize this as an experimental form of content marketing, and we will welcome feedback on the experience as a writer and topic expert. If you've been hoping to experiment with AI in a collaborative, paid environment, this is your opportunity!
Advantages of working with Eleven
- Get your byline on some of the world’s biggest online brands—TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, MarieClaire, Top10.com, and Cardano are just some of the publications we write for, with readerships in the millions per month.
- Create content for cutting-edge start-ups and SMBs.
- Write on a wide variety of topics in your field.
- Work closely with professional editors who will help you level up your craft and learn industry best practices.
- Access to a streamlined working platform with automated invoices and payments.
- Ability to self-assign articles.
- Expectations provided in advance, usually with a template or comprehensive brief, minimising revisions and turn-around time.
- Ongoing Slack support to resolve queries regarding topics, article specifics, briefs and guidelines, etc.
- Opportunities to progress within the company over time.
“Working for Eleven has allowed me to do what I love – writing – in a motivating yet down-to-earth environment. The team is smart and friendly, and I love having a constant stream of interesting articles. I've also begun to improve my prose since working with Eleven, as the feedback is detailed and highly professional.” - Toby Douglas-Bate, Eleven writer
Responsibilities and duties
- Produce high-quality, well-researched articles in compliance with client briefs and expectations
- Revise articles in response to editor and/or client feedback
- Consistently meet deadlines and minimum weekly output for articles and revisions
- Watch relevant Slack channels for notifications and updates
- Raise issues encountered in completing work in appropriate Slack channels
Required skills, experience and qualifications
Specific skills required for this role:
- A relevant degree (e.g. commerce or ecommerce; supply chain management; logistics; MBA)
- 2+ years experience working in a relevant role (e.g. procurement; logistics)
- 2+ years writing about eCommerce solutions, such as ERPs, PIMs and VMS
General skills required of Eleven Writers:
- Outstanding writing skills and a desire to continuously improve your craft
- Excellent research skills and ability to identify appropriate and credible sources
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SEO writing knowledge and/or experience
- Familiarity with a range of online article formats and styles, such as blogs posts, software/product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles
- Ability to closely follow & apply style guidelines and client briefs
- Versatility in adapting tone and style in line with target audience
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors or clients
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in seeking solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)
- Payments are made on a monthly basis.
Please visit our FAQ to learn more about the writer role at Eleven.