Eleven Writers are responsible for producing high-quality written content in line with client expectations and guidelines. A successful Remote Writer has highly developed writing & communication skills, knowledge of SEO copywriting, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. A willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors is also essential.
Advantages of working with Eleven
- Get your byline on some of the world’s biggest online brands—TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, MarieClaire, Top10.com, Cardano are just some of the publications we write for, with readerships in the millions per month.
- Create content for cutting-edge start-ups and SMBs.
- Write on a wide variety of topics in your field.
- Work closely with professional editors who will help you level up your craft and learn industry best practices.
- Access to a streamlined working platform with automated invoices and payments.
- Ability to self-assign articles.
- Expectations provided in advance, usually with a template or comprehensive brief, minimising revisions and turn-around time.
- Ongoing Slack support to resolve queries regarding topics, article specifics, briefs and guidelines, etc.
- Possibilities to progress within the company over time.
“Working for Eleven has allowed me to do what I love – writing – in a motivating yet down-to-earth environment. The team is smart and friendly, and I love having a constant stream of interesting articles. I've also begun to improve my prose since working with Eleven, as the feedback is detailed and highly professional.” - Toby Douglas-Bate, Eleven Writer
Responsibilities and duties
- Produce high-quality, well-researched articles in compliance with client briefs and expectations
- Revise articles in response to editor and/or client feedback
- Consistently meet deadlines and minimum weekly output for articles and revisions
- Watch relevant Slack channels for notifications and updates
- Raise issues encountered in completing work in appropriate Slack channels
Required skills, experience and qualifications
Any TWO of the following THREE requirements:
- Professional experience as an HR professional, business manager, or team leader
- MBA or other degree or relevant accreditation (e.g. CIPD) in HR or Business
- 2+ years' experience writing regularly for an authoritative relevant blog or company
- Strong writing skills and a desire to continuously improve your craft
- Excellent research skills and an ability to identify appropriate and credible sources
- Attention to detail and irreproachable factual accuracy in writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to closely follow & apply style guidelines and client briefs
- Versatility in adapting tone and style in line with target audience
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors or clients
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in seeking solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)
Desired skills, experience and qualifications:
- SEO writing knowledge and/or experience
- Familiarity with a range of online article formats and styles, such as blogs posts, software/product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles
- Payments are made on the 10th (or next business day) of each month. A summary of work will be provided at the start of each month detailing the work completed in the previous month.
Please visit our FAQ to learn more about the writer role at Eleven.
Eleven is built on quality and equality, compensating team members based on performance rather than age or geography.
Eleven strives to be the world’s first and best solution for top-tier content written by dependable subject-matter experts.