Eleven Remote Writers are responsible for producing high-quality written content in line client expectations and guidelines.A successful Remote Writer has highly developed writing & communication skills, knowledge of SEO copywriting, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. An ability to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors is also essential.
Responsibilities and duties
- Produce high-quality, well-researched articles in compliance with client briefings and expectations
- Revise articles in response to editor and/or client feedback
- Watch relevant Slack channels for notifications and updates
- Raise any issues encountered in completing work in appropriate Slack channels
Required skills, experience, and qualifications
- Native English speaker
- Excellent research skills and ability to use a range of appropriate sources
- Excellent writing skills
- SEO copywriting knowledge and/or experience
- Ability to closely follow & apply style guidelines and client briefings
- Ability to adapt tone and style in line with target audience
- Excellent attention to detail and high accuracy of work
- Ability to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors or clients
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive in seeking solution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; an open communication style
- Confident with remote working and in possession of the requisite technical skills
- Google account and familiarity with Google Workspace
- Desired skills, experience, and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
-Technical or finance background
- Experience in a range of online article types and styles, including blogs posts, software/product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles
Payment and hours
- We pay monthly via bank transfer at a per-word rate that, with the type of work we commission and the briefing information we provide, typically works out to around £25-30 ($35-42) per hour on average.
- Articles are commissioned in bulk, meaning you can self-assign enough articles to cover your working week, and often even a fortnight, at once. - We are currently producing around 250,000 words per month. From each writer, we ask for a minimum commitment of 2–4,000 words per week, though you are free to take on as much as 15,000. The average word count per article is 1,000 words.
- We urge you to apply even if you are not proficient in our current focus topics, as we can store your information and get in touch once an opportunity to supply better-suited topics arises.
- Everything takes place in Google Workspace. We have an article hub in Sheets in which articles are assigned and recorded. All articles are written in Docs.
- We provide active Slack support for writers, resolving queries regarding topics, article specifics, etc. - We have a template for almost every kind of article we write, which tends to make things a little more straightforward and ensures we have a mutual understanding of the article we’re looking for.