Summary: Eleven is looking for an ambitious and creative individual who is an excellent communicator and relationship builder and excited to join a fast-growing, fully remote company with a vibrant and people-first culture. Experience in content management and/or SEO is preferred.
Eleven is “the topic-expert writing company”, meaning our writers hold substantial experience and expertise in the topics to which they’re assigned. We focus on delivering bespoke, quality-driven content marketing services to our clients, comprised of digital publishers, SaaS companies and startups.
Since opening our doors in early 2019, we’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the world’s largest brands and innovators, such as Marie Claire, IOHK, Connecteam, TechRadar, and Future plc.
We are looking for an enthusiastic account manager and team leader to oversee content strategy and the production of content for our clients.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your accounts, advising them on strategy and offering innovative solutions to marketing problems, and lead teams of writers and editors in producing best-in-class content.
Candidates should have a good understanding of written content, content marketing, and SEO.
This role is fully remote and the hours are flexible. You are largely free to determine your own day-to-day schedule.
As an Eleven account manager, you will be responsible for:
- Onboarding new clients and setting up their client area.
- Overseeing content strategy for clients and liaising with our SEO team.
- With Eleven editors, contributing to writer and editor recruitment.
- Managing teams of writers and editors to produce content in line with client expectations, briefs, and other resources.
- Producing article briefs for our writers based on the clients content objectives.
- Ensuring deadlines and expectations are met.
- Using your experience in digital content to bring new and innovative solutions to the client, as it relates to content, workflows, automation, and more.
- Leading video calls with your team and clients.
- Maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, friendliness, and supportiveness when interacting with clients.
Advantages of working with Eleven
- Work with awesome companies: Collaborate with Eleven’s ‘quality-first’ clientele and some of the world’s largest online brands.
- Work with industry-leading writers, editors, senior managers and business developers who are experts in their fields.
- Remote working: Work remotely and flexibly.
- Work-life balance: We respect the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Our company culture promotes a flexible approach to work, allowing employees to effectively manage their personal and professional commitments.
- Transparency: We value open and transparent communication at all levels of the company. We encourage everyone to share their ideas, concerns, and feedback, creating an inclusive environment where everyone's voice is heard.
- Collaborative and supportive environment: Eleven fosters a collaborative and supportive culture of mutual support and respect, in which we work together as a team towards common goals.
- High growth environment: Join a fast-growing company with big ambitions that is now ripe for scaling.
- 2 team members in 2019 → 60+ team members as of January 2024.
"What sets Eleven apart in my mind is the company’s ability to make every individual feel valued. For the first time in a long time, I know that my opinions and contributions matter. There’s also a strong sense of trust within the organisation that I’ve never experienced elsewhere. I believe this is a result of Eleven’s values and commitment to fairness." - Barry Stingmore, Head of Admin at Eleven
Desired skills, experience and qualifications
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Strong understanding of written content, especially blog, thought leadership, and SEO content.
- Experience working in an agency or content environment as an Account Manager, Content Manager, SEO Strategist, etc.
- Experience working closely with, managing, and speaking to clients on video calls or in-person,
- Experience developing content strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and sales skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent problem-solving skills and intrinsic motivation
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)
Pay & Logistics
- Rates starting at £27/hr, with higher rates available based on experience.
- This role is initially offered on a freelance/contract basis.
- Remote; flexible schedule (choose your own hours; some weekly meetings are mandatory).